Saturday, March 26, 2011

Comicon Aftermath and Announcements Galore

Sorry for that lull of silence but I just wanted to take this time out to give a big sincere thank you to everyone who came down to the Vancouver Comicon this past Sunday. It was probably one of my more successful con ventures in that I not only sold quite a bit of stuff but I engaged in quite a bit of interesting conversation with congoers. I also did some of the most fantastically depraved sketches. If you must know, they were of the Joker (with robot nipples. Yeah, I heard "robot nipples" somewhere and the mental image just would NOT leave) and a dead raccoon fetus in a jar (I must blame my friend and table mate for that influence :-P). I also ended up winning not one but two of the door prize raffle draws. It felt like I rigged an election or something.

Overall, another great con experience under my belt.

As for the announcements, first off, I'll be taking a bit of a break from conventions for the next little while to focus more on improving my art but to begin work on a rather massive comic related project.

That's right. I'm working on a comic mini-series. I'll likely be going the self-publishing route via a print on demand site like Ka-Blam Comics or something but yes, I've been pretty busy fleshing out my characters and plot for this prospective series.

"What's it about?" you may ask. I think I can sum it up in one sentence: undead zombie rocker chicks.

Yup, I'm taking those "Bitches in Stitches" sketches I did last year and putting them into their own storyline.

Intrigued, no?

Stay tuned for some more info and possibly some more concept sketches. And more comic based work.

Thanks again for all your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment