Monday, August 16, 2010

Raging Whore Moans PLUS MORE CONVENTION NEWS!


Ahhh, who doesn't love scowly, bad-ass, rough 'n' tumble rocker chicks? I originally sketched this character in an old sketchbook from...2006, I think...while listening to "Black Tongue" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I've wanted to update that sketch for a while but I was never happy with the initial re-designs and poses. It wasn't until a while back that I decided to channel some "bad girl" energy into this character and it all started to come together.

This gal, to me, would be the unholy amalgamation of Amy Winehouse, Courtney Love, Wendy O. Williams, Dinah Cancer with maybe just the lightest touches of Joan Jett and Karen O. Basically; the stumbling, trash talking, hard living personification of "Live Fast, Die Hard". Indulging in everything from the strongest of alcohol, the nastiest of drugs, piles upon piles of cigarettes, wild parties, riots (among other things ), she does all that she can to make those fidgety, nervous nellies keep updating their pre-obituaries on her.

Living 'til the age of 80 is clearly not on her agenda...and she's totally cool with that.

There are a lot of things I'm pretty happy with in this picture, one of which being (strangely enough) the Not!Jack Daniels bottle.

I also have the inked lineart for this piece saved on another computer that I might upload soon.
As for the CONVENTION NEWS, it looks like the Vancouver Comic Con in September is a go! If you can't make it to the Comix and Stories show on August 29, you can catch me again at the Vancouver Comic Con on September 12 at the Heritage Hall in Vancouver, British Columbia. For more info, check out the Vancouver Comic Con site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment