Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Gingerbread Lolita Improved (With WIP Scans)





I was going through my old Christmas Lolita card designs earlier this month and I couldn't help but notice how, well...amateurish they looked. I had a lot of weird things going on anatomy-wise, the coloring looked a little shoddy and some of the eyes looked lop-sideded. Sure, there's always room for improvement no matter where you are with your craft but looking at those cards elicited memories of older drawing and coloring techniques that I've long since drifted away from (my skin tone pencil crayons are probably happy and well rested because of this). They just no longer fit in with my current work.

I didn't have a whole lot of time to revamp the entire set so I just decided to focus on one design and update it just for my own personal sake.

For reference, here's how the Gingerbread Lolita looked three years ago...



Hope this is considered an upgrade of sorts!

No comments:

Post a Comment