Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Comix and Stories 2011: A Sorta Belated Follow-Up

Well, Comix and Stories has come and gone. I have been a little busy getting more stuff together for the next con but I thought I'd take some time to divulge a little on last Sunday's show.

Firstly, I wanna give a huge thank you to everyone who came down to the Heritage Hall on Sunday. While the attendance might have been a bit...sluggish (hey, it was a gorgeously hot summer day out after all), I still feel pretty fortunate enough to have had plenty of people buy my stuff, check out my portfolio and even just give my table a browse through. You folks are awesome.

It also always serves as a wonderful opportunity to meet new friends and get input from fellow comicking peers. A special thanks goes out to Albert Art for being an awesome table buddy and providing lots of Gummy Bears. Oh man, did those Gummy Bears get us through those droughts of hunger and the slight zombie-like delirium that comes with being at your table for a few hours inside a balmy building. And a shout out to Julie for being a sweetheart with mad business skills!

Note to self: next time bring a hand held fan and don't forget to bring your giant water bottle. Trust me, I was longing for it by the end of the day.

Overall, I'm still pretty happy with how Comix and Stories went this year. :-)

One con down, two more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment