Tuesday, January 18, 2011

January Vancouver Comicon: The Aftermath

Okay, now that I'm fully recharged from my busy, busy weekend, I just want to give a huge thank you to everyone and anyone who stopped by my table at the Vancouver Comicon this past Sunday. Whether you bought something, flipped through my portfolio or picked up a flyer/business card, every little bit of support is greatly appreciated.

I was actually told that the typical attendance of a January convention was pretty slow and minimal. So you can imagine my pleasant surprise when the overall attendance was much higher than anticipated. For my third go around with conventions, this exceeded my expectations and I still enjoyed every bit of it, even when the inevitable zombie state kicked in. ;-)

I can't wait to do this all over again and I definitely want to hit up more conventions throughout 2011. I'm even aiming for much larger scale conventions, just so I can get a feel of the energy and atmosphere of one. That and I've determined that there just aren't enough opportunities throughout the year to get decked out in costume. ;-)

Onwards and upwards, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment