Sunday, January 10, 2010

Codename: Jezebel


For my first featured drawing on here, I've decided to post my most recent drawing "Codename: Jezebel". Just try not to get "Juke Joint Jezebel" stuck in your head. ;-P

Anyways, about a month ago my really good friend and I were having a late night brainstorm session over MSN about an ongoing project he was really feeling stuck on at the time. The project in question was to take all of us (friends of his) and create superhero/villain alter-egos. He wasn't sure which direction he would take them in stylistically (silver-age a'la the Minutemen in "Watchmen", 90's style a'la the "X-Men" cartoon, sleek and futuristic a'la "The Matrix" etc.) but he did tell me that I would be on the villainous side of things and that I would be something like the Poison Ivy of the group; the temptress with a devastatingly poisionous/toxic (take your pick) kiss.

Ideas were flowing so quickly that I just had to draw this. Needless to say, he loved it. To be specific it was "exactly it".

Man, latex/PVC/vinyl is a blast to draw...but I think I should have defined the knee a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment